Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pocket Knife

This is my latest work, a small, simple pocket knife. I figured every bladesmith needs an everyday knife of their own making to carry with them. It is a folding knife with no locks or springs, just held closed by the friction from the tightly riveted pins. It is the product of my first experiments with differential hardening, the result of which can be seen as an etched line on the surface of the blade. The handle is decorated with a late Viking Age, Urnes style motif.

Specifications:

- File steel blade
- Maple handle, treated with pine tar
- measurements to follow






3 comments:

  1. These knives are looking so beautiful. I also like all the features and functions of these knives.
    OTF Blades

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not totally surprised that Spyderco will be featured like this because it really is one of the most reliable EDC knives around. Nowadays, we got a lot of knife options depending on your needs, but I can vouch how great this knife is. If you’re looking for further options, I found a great list of knives for this year here: http://backpackingmastery.com/top-picks/the-best-pocket-knife.html

    ReplyDelete